I am currently working as a Contract Designer at Zeon; the UK’s largest importer and distributor of timepieces, with annual sales of over 2.5 million timepieces. My main focus is designing character watches for brands such as Star Wars, The Avengers, Dr Who and Mickey Mouse to name a few. Zeon is the largest licensee and distributor of character watches in Europe and one of the biggest in the world.
As a Junior Designer my responsibilities include:
- Completing market research, trend and mood board creation.
- Producing attractive and accurate Illustrator CADs for client presentation.
- Completing CADs with specifications and material references for costing and manufacture.
- Working closely with the Senior Designer to formulate initial ideas on product offer and trends for the season.
- Supporting other members of the team to help manage workloads and priorities.
- Working across other brands/departments where the business requires.
The Millennium Falcon timepiece is a personal project of mine. Due to non-disclosure I am unable to display many of my live design projects until they are released into the market in Spring 2017.